1) Offer multiple purchase or bulk purchase discounts, whether it’s a “two for one,” “buy one, get one free,” or steep discounts for bulk purchases, motivate customers to buy more than one product at a time. Have you ever seen the buy one for $19.95 and we will give you a second one for free approach on TV? It still works.
2) Offer bundles, “Package” a number of products or services into one with a large overall discount. This gives the buyer a very high perceived value and moves a lot of merchandise at once. For example, we sell all of our linens together at a significant discount.
3) Offer extremely steep discounts, these have to be significant (50% or more) but for a limited time only — to motivate customers to buy now.
4) Use your products or services as an incentive to get others to become salespeople for you. “Get one free pillowcase with each new customer you refer.”
5) Use products or services that you know customers aren’t going to buy as a retention and mechanism for building good will.
6) Give your products or services to organizations that can raise your visibility, such as local public radio stations, community events, schools as a marketing approach. For you- kid’s schools, PTA programs.
Last but not least, speak to other suppliers about purchasing excess inventory. Offer a wholesale price on inventory, yes you can even do this with competitors. Selling excess inventory allows you to earn back your investment and not have to store the items.
Wait, I have another last but not least- socially push these messages across Facebook and twitter. Look up your target audience via keywords on these channels, and reach out to them. Moms, dads, aunts, uncles and YES grandparents (they are becoming more social savvy) talking about buying gifts for kids, baby showers etc… and use Facebook promote post ads for as little as $5.00- those can be very effective.
PS- Your website needs help I say send me questions about your website so that I can offer you some help in this area. Iyahhh!
Double PSS- You need to get current media/press coverage and features again. Move that brand forward.